- Ensure you keep an eye on your chlorine and pH levels to maintain a good santisation level.
- Run your filter longer during periods of heavy usage, extra high tempretures and heavy rains.
- Add a good quality algaecide like Powercide to your pool as a preventative.
- Keep some Shock n Clear packets on hand, for that instant quick shot of chlorine.
- Have some Bling or a Sparkler in the pool shed, ready to help keep the water sparkling for those bbqs or festive season gatherings.
- Be sure not to overheat your pool using a pool cover may save evaporation but it will add alot of extra heat to your pool, which can turn your pool green at a rapid rate. Turn your solar heating to winter mode, or lower the set tempreture, dont leave your cover on through theheat of the day.
- Want to cool your pool? run your solar heating at night on manual, this will help cool the pool
Get in early for Christmas, our Pool Toy Brochure will be sent out in the coming weeks to help you plan your Christmas shopping, but if you want to get in early and grab a bargain we still have a selected range of pool toys up to 50% OFF! Be quick only while stocks last!
New Range now in Store
We have a select range of KETER outdoor furniture on display and in stock, including a fantastic modular lounge that has 6 different combination options for only $690! Also storage boxes great for storing pool toys, cushions, pool cleaning equipment etc from only $139! They are all stylish, durable and maintenance free products. Get in quick limited stock.
With the swimming season now upon us (we have happy customers already swimming in 28degree pool temps! Ask us how!) Pool Safety is paramount. When was the last time you did a thorough inspection of your pool fence, gate and surrounds? Heres a quick check list to help you ensure a safer swimming season. You can also download an App for your iPhone.
If you are unsure if your fence complies please contact us to arrange an on-site inspection. Or if you are in need of a CPR sign to help you comply we always have these in stock.
Unfortunately gates are the biggest offender when it comes to a breach in the safety of a pool surround. If you’ve completed your pool safety checklist (see above) and found your gate to be in need of some maintenance, we have the full range of MagnaLatch latches, hinges and accessories, come in and see us today.
Is your pool safe to swim in?
Your pool water may look crystal clear and ready for a swim – BUT looks can be deceiving! Your water may not be adequately sanitized – and be harbouring bugs that could make swimmers sick, or the chlorine could be excessively high (we’ve tested water that has had 100ppm of chlorine in it, the normal domestic swimming range is 2-4ppm) and be VERY dangerous to swim in, the pH could be very high or very low - causing skin and eye irritations. It is important to test your pool water regularly yourself, and have it professionally tested at least every 4 weeks through the swimming season. Don’t put your family and friends at risk – have your pool water tested professionally on a regular basis – it’s a free service* in store. (Free water testing is provided on the understanding that customers will reciprocate by purchasing the required pool chemicals from our store)
When was the last time you really cleaned your pool ? Im not talking about vacuuming and emptying the baskets Im meaning scrubbed the water line, degreased your filter and treated the pool surface for staining. These may sound difficult but theyre not and your pool will be fresh and ready for the season.
To help you get your pool into shape for Spring, we have put together a Spring Cleaning bucket containing:
- 1kg Filter Cleaner & Degreaser
- 1kg WipeOut
- Tile & Vinyl Cleaner spray bottle (great for all pool surfaces)
- Rubber gloves, scrubber & bucket
Great Value at only $65
Lets face it you have invested a lot in your back yard pool, in time and money we want to help you maximize the return on your investment. Do you have solar heating on your pool? A good quality blanket and roller? Did you know that a good sized solar pool heating system can lengthen your families swimming season by at least 3 months a year? Typically an unheated pool is only used in December, January & February; but solar can have you swimming October to April inclusive and sometimes longer! A pool blanket helps hold in that heat and even adds a little too (up to 6-8 degrees on a warm sunny day). Getting your solar heating installed early (ie. August/September), ensures you get the most out of this season. So if you want to get more enjoyment out of your pool contact us for a free quote here. (Note : solar heating results are weather dependant)